Building on a half century of collaborative learning innovations, Stanford's Graduate Schools of Education and Business have pioneered a virtual community that brings research-based best practices in education and management to school system leaders nationwide.
Stanford Graduate Schools of Education (GSE) and Business (GSB) have embarked on a new venture: the Stanford EdLEADers Professional Certificate Program for current and aspiring superintendents nationwide. This innovative program is designed to address the unique opportunities and challenges of school system leaders. Through a cohort-based, interactive and collaborative, 100% virtual experience, program participants will gain new insights and leadership skills to effect innovation and systemic improvement in their school districts.
Stanford EdLEADers reflects the University’s values for community, innovation, intellectual rigor, and translation of research into practice. Within the program, participants will:
- learn new strategic models for approaching leadership challenges;
- gain alternate perspectives, strategies, and techniques through real-world case studies;
- practice specific techniques for working through leadership obstacles and opportunities;
- consider different viewpoints and benefit from constructive feedback through interactions with cohort peers, course facilitators, and course instructors; and
- collaborate with a permanent community of leadership peers located across the U.S.
Learn more about the Learning Experience.
Program Outcomes and Benefits
By the end of the program, participants will:
- use an improvement model for addressing challenges and opportunities in equity and excellence;
- understand how transformative professional development can be a key to instructional leadership;
- create a 100-day change plan;
- learn new frameworks for collaborative negotiations, getting more out of your teams, and understanding your organization;
- earn a professional certificate issued by the Stanford Graduate School of Education and Graduate School of Business; and
- have access to the Stanford EdLEADers peer leadership network to continue to learn, grow and collaborate.
Stanford EdLEADers is designed for existing and emerging leaders of K-12 systems including:
- Superintendents/school system leaders with at least two years of experience
- Aspiring superintendents/school system leaders with at least two years of experience in a central office role
A successful participant in this program will have:
- a desire to participate fully and interact regularly with his/her cohort, facilitators, and instructors;
- 3-8 hours weekly to devote to coursework (time commitment varies by program completion path);
- moderate comfort level with technology to engage in a computer-based virtual learning experience; and
- professional expertise or skills to share with his/her cohort.
Please see Eligibility page for more information.