Stanford's Graduate Schools of Education and Business have successfully collaborated to deliver research-based best practices in education and management to a nationwide virtual community of school system leaders.
Stanford Graduate Schools of Education (GSE) and Business (GSB) have collaborated on a powerful new offering: the Stanford EdLEADers Professional Certificate Program for current and aspiring superintendents and system-level education leaders nationwide. This innovative program is designed to address the unique opportunities and challenges of school system leaders. Through a cohort-based, interactive and collaborative, 100% virtual experience, program participants gain new insights and leadership skills to effect innovation and systemic improvement in their school districts. View fact sheet.
Stanford EdLEADers reflects the University’s values for community, innovation, intellectual rigor, and translation of research into practice. Within the program, participants will:
- learn new strategic models for approaching leadership challenges;
- gain alternate perspectives, strategies, and techniques through real-world case studies;
- practice specific techniques for working through leadership obstacles and opportunities;
- consider different viewpoints and benefit from constructive feedback through interactions with cohort peers, course facilitators, and course instructors; and
- collaborate with a permanent community of leadership peers located across the U.S.
Learn more about the Learning Experience.
Program Outcomes and Benefits
By the end of the program, participants will:
- use an improvement model for addressing challenges and opportunities in equity and excellence;
- understand how transformative professional development can be a key to instructional leadership;
- create a 100-day change plan;
- learn new frameworks for collaborative negotiations, getting more out of your teams, and understanding your organization;
- earn a professional certificate issued by the Stanford Graduate School of Education and Graduate School of Business; and
- have access to the Stanford EdLEADers peer leadership network to continue to learn, grow and collaborate.
Learn about the Curriculum and Faculty.
“This is one of the best professional learning opportunities of my career.”
Deputy Superintendent, Charleston County School District
Stanford EdLEADers are committed, well-respected education leaders who are passionate about the success of all students. Program participants are current or emerging leaders of K-12 systems who have a minimum of two years’ system-level or central-office leadership experience.
Please see Eligibility page for more information.
Cohort Dates and Deadlines
Our Spring 2021 cohort will commence in March. Participants will participate in one course per quarter, with summers off, and conclude in March, 2023.
The $15,000 tuition fee for the Stanford EdLEADers program covers all course fees, materials and access to an online learning portal. For our Spring 2021 cohort, accepted applicants who enroll by our December 20 priority deadline will secure a discounted tuition price of $9,500. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with earlier submissions receiving greater consideration for admission and tuition subsidies. Final application deadline is January 19, 2021.