Stanford EdLEADers delivers the content and connection that system-level education leaders crave in a flexible, 100% virtual format tailored for their demanding schedules.
Designed for Education System Leaders
The Stanford EdLEADers professional certificate program is designed to address the opportunities and challenges of K–12 education system leaders nationwide and equip them to effect innovation and systemic improvement in their districts. View fact sheet.
Key program benefits identified by our applicants:
- collaboration with peer leaders nationwide
- tapping into insights, latest research, best practices from Stanford faculty
- flexibility of online learning environment
- combined Graduate Schools of Business and Education curriculum
- solutions and frameworks that are immediately applicable to real problems of equity and successful change management
- Stanford’s reputation for quality and rigor
Who Should Apply
Program applicants are proven K–12 districts leaders with a minimum two years’ system-level leadership experience. Past and current cohort members serve in a variety of leadership roles at organizations and districts in urban, rural and suburban settings, nationwide. Stanford EdLEADers share a common passion to grow expectations, agency and opportunities for each and every student in their influence. Apply here or nominate candidates to apply.
“The learning goals and curriculum coincide well with what I have been craving—especially deep work on value-based strategy, equity, and leading teams through change in large organizations.”
Chief Accountability and Assessment Officer | Washoe County School District
Virtual Learning Tailored for Education Professionals
Designed intentionally as a virtual, flexible learning opportunity for working professionals, Stanford EdLEADers offers all the benefits of individual, online instruction delivered through a structured, collaborative cohort experience. A combination of job-embedded, individual and team-based assignments offer participants new frameworks and skills to positively impact student outcomes.
Program participants take one pre-designated course per 10-week quarter (summers excluded) over six quarters. Learn more about the EdLEADers curriculum.
Graduate School of Education (GSE) courses: Leading for Opportunity, Leading for Learning, Managing Organizational Systems
Graduate School of Business (GSB) courses: Leading Effective Teams, Mobilizing for Successful Change, Getting (More of) What You Want
Participants can expect a 3–4 hour weekly commitment, engaging in:
- individual and team-based assignments
- reading or viewing course materials
- meeting virtually with cohort team members
- two live sessions with Stanford faculty per quarter
- connecting with course facilitators via messaging or office hours
- providing and receiving feedback to/from cohort members
Spring 2021 Cohort
Our Spring 2021 cohort runs from March 2021 to March 2023. Participants will participate in one course per quarter, summers off, as follows: Spring 2021, Fall 2021, Winter 2022, Spring 2022, Fall 2022, and Winter 2023. The priority application deadline is December 20, 2020. The final application deadline is January 19, 2021.